While I know there are mini cinnamon rolls with two ingredient dough out there, I hope that you try my mini cinnamon rolls with skinny pizza dough! You can make mini cinnamon rolls from scratch!
Sunday morning I had a taste for cinnamon rolls. I haven’t had a true cinnamon roll in ages, and when I looked through my blog to see if I had made them (I was sure I did because my step-son LOVES all things cinnamon) turns out my recipe calls for a stick of melted butter, and a cup of brown sugar.
I took two ounces of my Skinny Pizza Dough and decided to make one sweet treat and one savory. Today I am showing the cinnamon rolls, because they were the star of the plate.
Roll out the dough pretty thin, then spread 1/2 teaspoon butter over the dough, a teaspoon of brown sugar and a few pinches of cinnamon. I rolled it up, then cut it into three pieces and baked at 425 for 10 minutes.
The glaze is made of powdered sugar and milk, and used 1 teaspoon of the glaze for the cinnamon rolls. These were perfect – a bit of a crunch on the bottom where the brown sugar caramelized, and soft on the inside. If I wasn’t meeting my Mom for lunch, I would have made more right then and there!
Whenever you make a batch of skinny pizza dough, remember that there are lots of things you can make with it – including these cinnamon rolls!
- 2 ounces pizza dough
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened almond milk
- Heat oven to 400.
- Roll out the pizza dough into a rectangle.
- Add softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up from the short side and cut into three pieces.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Mix the powdered sugar with the almond milk.
- Once the cinnamon rolls have cooled a bit, drizzle with glaze.
On my WW plan (as of 2022) these are 6 points. These are also best within a few hours of making.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 220mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
Check out my:
- chicken and dumplings
- skinny pizza dough bagel sandwiches (a blog post I wrote for The Chopping Block)
- buffalo chicken bombs