My friend Mayra from Low Carb Love made these canned chicken nuggets, and these turned out delicious!
Don’t let the canned chicken freak you out. The best part about this recipe is that it has so few ingredients. Full recipe is on Mayra’s site and can be found here. I just air fried my nuggets at 400 for 12 minutes.
What are the ingredients in chicken nuggets?
When you look at commercial or frozen chicken nuggets, the ingredient list is kind of a lot!: White Boneless Chicken, Water, Vegetable Oil (canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil), Enriched Flour (bleached Wheat Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Bleached Wheat Flour, Yellow Corn Flour, Vegetable Starch
These nuggets are just canned chicken, egg, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese and your seasonings of choice. And no oil other than the avocado oil that you add before baking.
- 10 ounce can chicken breast (drained and patted dry)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- seasonings of choice (I used garlic powder, salt and pepper)
- Heat air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Drain the chicken and squeeze dry. Add egg, and cheeses and mix until combined.
- Divide mixture into 8 nuggets, shaping them with your hands to come together.
- Spray with avocado oil spray and air fry for 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and fruit and veggies on the side.
As of the date of this publication, each serving is 2 WW points. If you ate the whole plate, it is 4 WW points. Click here for the WW tracker.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 224mgSodium: 286mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 50g
Let us know if you make these!