These buttermilk blueberry muffins taste like coffee cake and I am not mad about that!
Per usual, by the end of the week my fridge is looking a bit bare. My Mom brought me blueberries last week.
Buttermilk was also in my fridge and shockingly not expired – whoop!
Shout out to Twig & Lace for the cute coffee stir – she has TONS of amazing products. You can check her out here.
Real sugar was used in this recipe and sometimes it is worth it to use real sugar. While these come in at 6 WW points on all plans, they are only 178 calories. Pair with a hardboiled egg and fruit and you’ve got a delicious breakfast.
- 2 cups self-rising flour (reserving one tablespoon)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 4 tablespoons butter, shredded and divided
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- For the struesel:
- 1 tablespoon flour (from above)
- 1 tablespoon oats
- 1 tablespoon butter (from above)
- Mix the streusel topping together and set aside. Heat oven to 425.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cinnamon together. Add 3 tablespoons of the shredded butter and toss to coat. Add blueberries and toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl, mix the yogurt, buttermilk and egg together. Add to flour mixture and stir, just until combined.
- Divide between 12 muffin tin, divide the streusel topping on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool five minutes, then remove and let cool on a wire rack.
Each muffin is 7 points. Click here for the WW tracker.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 485mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g
What can you do if you don’t have buttermilk?
Simply add a tablespoon of vinegar (any kind!) to one cup of any milk (plant or dairy based) and let it sit for five minutes. It might look like someone threw up in the container, but it works. 😂
If you have blueberries that need to be used up, here are a few of my other blueberry recipes:
Let me know if you make these! Happy baking!