I hope by now you know that you should at least double or triple your skinny pizza dough for the week if for no other reason to be able to make this breakfast pizza.
It has a skinny sausage gravy for the base, crispy potatoes, eggs, cheese and “fried” potato skins on top – #swoon.
Please meal prep potatoes for the week too. They make the best hash browns, and when you shred them on a box grater, you are left with the skins. Just throw those in the air fryer while your pizza bakes and it’s the best topping!
- 1 tablespoon light butter (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter that is 35 calories a tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Jones chicken breakfast sausage, defrosted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of salt
- 5 ounces skinny pizza dough
- 4 ounces potato, shredded
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese
- spinach and parsley
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add flour and cook for one minute. Slowly add the almond milk. Stir in the sausage, Italian seasoning, pepper and salt. Set aside to cool. This can be done ahead of time.
- Roll out dough. Add 1/2 the sausage gravy mixture and the cheddar cheese. Bake for 12 minutes. While the pizza is cooking, scramble the egg and pan fry the potatoes in avocado oil until crispy. After you shred the potato on a box grater, you'll have the potato skins left - bake those in the air fryer at 400 for 7 minutes to top on the pizza.
- Remove pizza from oven. Add the shredded potatoes, egg, spinach and parsley as a garnish and top with crispy potato skins.
This pizza is super filling and I was stuffed after eating half the pizza. On #teamblue and #teampurple, 1/2 the pizza is 6 points, on #teamgreen it is 7 points. If you count calories or macros, half the pizza is 318 calories, 12 fat, 35 carbs, 1.8 fiber and 16 protein.
Have you ever made a breakfast pizza? What would you put on it?