This is going to be a quick post because I am already at work, but luckily I type 140+ words a minute so no worries!  So the first full night having the new puppy at home, both Hannah and Jacob had to work.  Hannah asked me to let the dog out when I got home, because he’d already be alone about an hour by then.  They are getting a crate, but for now, they put a dog bed in their closet and put the baby gate up.


Right after I let Roman out, the window guy game.  While I was able to get stock windows for the front of the house from Home Depot – the rest of the windows are odd ball sizes and have to be custom.  I am still going with a plain double hung, but while the new windows are framed in black, all the other windows will be framed in white to match the baseboards.  So guess what the guys name was from the window company?  TONY!  He measured the three windows in the living room and two bedroom windows and off he went.  I’ll get a quote tonight and hopefully won’t pass out with the estimate.

So around 6:30 I decided to put Roman back in the closet so I can make dinner.  Just as I was about to drain my pasta, I look down and Roman somehow climbed out of the closet and was at my feet, and well, wanted to be picked up.  So I held him for a while, and then decided to put him down to see if I could continue to make dinner.  Um, that would be no.  It reminded me of when Hannah first started to walk around 11 months.  I couldn’t just let her roam around unsupervised, and the same went for Roman.  He can’t do stairs yet, so I had to block him off from the back stairs, he made it about three feet into the dining room and started to pee (NO!) but I picked him up just in time and he peed on the kitchen tile.  Whew.  

It was at that point that I decided just to sit down and have the dog lay on me.  Up until this point, Rummy and Roman are merely tolerating each other – they smell each other and one goes one way and the other goes a different direction.  But as soon as I sat down on my old comfy chair, Rummy got under the covers and Roman was on top.  So they were laying next to each other basically and didn’t seem to mind.

Then Rummy got too hot under the covers and sat next to Roman.  They laid like this for a good hour.

rummy and roman

How cute is that??!!  But I was very happy when both kids got home at 8:30 and I could hand over the “baby” and finally make dinner, which we ate at 9:00 p.m. šŸ˜€

It’s another dreary day today so I will hit up the gym at lunch.  I actually ran two miles yesterday!  It’s the first time I’ve run that far since I got bronchitis in early September.  I did it in 25:45 – so around a 13:00 minute mile – not too bad considering its been nearly two months since I ran last.

Alright, have to get back to work – quickest 3 minute post of my life!   Make it a great day!