I was happy to see that my Starbuck’s had protein boxes in stock.   I liked how all the grapes were tiny except for one!

1.29 012

I felt so fashionable yesterday, wearing a scarf that Karli and her Mom and my “beef friends” gave me – this scarf is from Shelley, who I have met when I went to the Chicago Beef Wellness weekend back in October 2013, and again when I went to Lubbuck, TX in June of last year.  Thanks Shelley!  I also like to haunt you guys with the office horse wallpaper – you’re welcome!

1.29 004

It was super busy yesterday at work, which I loved.  I am the type of person that I need to have a dozen or so things going on and I am sharp as a tack.  Give me one task and I’ll probably make a mistake.  I was on my feet for a good portion of the day, and I wasn’t wearing the best shoes to do that.  I thought I could sneak out to the gym, but pretty soon realized that wasn’t going to happen.  I had leftovers for lunch – chicken leftover from our egg rolls earlier in the week and some leftover veggie fried rice.  Eaten at my desk.

1.29 007

I actually thought I was going to have to work late, but in the end I left a little after five.  My left knee was hurting me, so instead of pushing it, I came home instead of going to the gym.  I had already declared that Thursday night was going to be leftover night, and I realized I had bought a garlic pizza dough from Trader Joe’s that needed to be used up, so I ended up making pizza with leftover Italian sausage and baby spinach.  I wasn’t a huge fan of the dough – it smelled better than it tasted, and even though I put lots of corn meal on my pizza peel, it stuck to the board as I was putting it onto my baking steel, so some of the toppings fell off and I ended up with this big piece of dough on one end – not the prettiest pizza I’ve made before – that’s for sure!

1.29 036

1.29 037

My boss and his wife have gotten into the habit of making my chicken tikka masala on Friday nights.  I decided I still needed to be Bizzy in my kitchen last night, so I decided to make them some tandoori spiced naan bread.  OMG, naan bread is so easy to make, you’ll never buy it in the store again.  Nothing fancy needed, just a bowl, rolling pin and non-stick skillet.  This made 16 naan, each one coming in at 127 caloires, 1.4 fat, 25 carbs, .9 fiber and 3.3 protein.

  • 4 cups flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/4 cup hot tap water
  • 1 teaspoon yeast
  • 1.5 cups Silk unsweetened almond milk (plus 1-2 tablespoons more)
  • 1 tablespoon of olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon tandoori spice

Mix the water and sugar together and stir, just until the sugar is dissolved.  Sprinkle the yeast over the sugar water and let it sit for 10 minutes.  Pour in the almond milk and stir until combined.  In a large bowl add the flour, salt, baking powder together.  Mix in the almond milk mixture, and using your hands, combine until the dough pulls away from the side of your bowl – I needed to add about another 2 tablespoons of almond milk to get all the flour incorporated.  Let it sit for an hour.

Heat a non-stick skillet and using a pastry brush, brush the bottom of the pan.  I ended up cutting my dough into two circles, then cut each circle into 8 equal pieces.  Roll it out – mine were about 5-6 inches I guess, and cook in skillet, you’ll know when it’s ready to flip when you start to see bubbles forming on the top.  While the bottom cooks, brush the top with olive oil, sprinkle with a bit of tandoori spice and flip and cook an additional minute.  I ended up using a large glass jar to press the naan to the bottom of the pan.

1.29 041

1.29 042

1.29 017 - pic

I started to add some toasted sesame seeds to a couple, but the sesame seeds kind of burned.  These would make great breakfast pizzas, sandwich wraps – who knows?!  Well, I know I need to make more chicken tikka masala!

I have a phone call to make today to one of Tony’s friends.  It’s a guy he worked with at GE a long time ago, and they have the kind of friendship that comes and goes over the years – they will have not talked for a year, but then one of them would pick up the phone and they would just pick up where they left off.  I thought over the weekend that I hadn’t called him to let him know about Tony.  I disabled Tony’s cell phone so I wouldn’t be paying for a phone not in use, but I needed to charge it to get this guys phone number off of Tony’s phone, and saw that he left a message for Tony last week to give him a call back.  That’s going to be a tough call to make.

I also have Jacob’s nieces Memorial tomorrow.  Jacob painted and put together the top of her Memorial box, I think it turned out great.


And then Sunday my Mom and I are going thrifting.  I didn’t even realize that Sunday was the Superbowl!  I haven’t watched football since Tony passed away, I couldn’t even tell you who is playing.

Alright, off to work I go – another busy day – woop!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you on Monday.  Hugs!