We had a super early appointment yesterday morning.  Like, get up at 5:00 a.m. to get to our appointment.  Here’s the kicker.  We couldn’t enter the same Mayo Clinic main entrance as we did the previous day because the hour of our appointment.  Luckily as we got to Mayo, there were a couple of cabbies who pointed us in the right direction.  But here is the kicker.  Our appointment was at 6:15 a.m. and as we were getting to the doors that got us to the location – they were locked.  Apparently they don’t let patients go through some doors before 6:00 a.m.  But, we lucked out and a worker let us through the doors.  It was weird that we got there before the employees!  But, Tony is one to get there 20 minutes early rather than 20 seconds late.

It all worked out – and it was the longest MRI that Tony ever had – 40 minutes long!   We were both tired by the time we got back to the hotel, and I really didn’t do anything!  I picked up a cup of coffee and a muffin from the Grab and Go at our hotel.  Yes, I am one of those people that can actually drink coffee and take a nap soon after.


I slept for another hour and a half.  We had some laundry to do – we didn’t expect it to be so chilly here, so Tony only brought a couple pairs of sweat pants, so I needed to stop by and get a roll of quarters at a local bank and then had every intention of hitting up a local Laundromat.  Um, it’s been a really long time since I’ve been to a Laundromat.  Like a really long time.  I get the quarters, and go to the first place according to our GPS, and well, I didn’t like the look of it.  So I went to the next place, and well, I had the same uneasy feeling.  So I chickened out.  I am sure I would have been fine near our house, but not knowing the city I thought it was a good idea not to freak out and I came back and did the laundry at the hotel.

Another reason I skipped out on doing laundry out – I was hungry.  And the thought of eating at the Laundromat kind of grossed me out, so I picked up some Chinese food and brought it back to the hotel.  I ended up getting Szechwan chicken, an egg roll and had some rice on the side.  I picked up some sizzling chicken rice soup for Tony.


Tony stayed back at the hotel – he’s been through so many tests, and I think he was sick of me asking “do you want anything? water, something to eat?!”  So I ended up going out and hit up some shops.  Shopko.  Huh.  I wasn’t exactly sure what it was because on the outside it only said “pharmacy/optical center.”  Um, it was basically just like a discount K-Mart for lack of better words.  So many different areas – pharmacy/clothes/furniture/magazines/shoes/furniture – so much! Is it a chain?Smile with tongue out


I hit up the Goodwill too – I didn’t end up getting anything, but it was very clean and friendly!


I brought stuff to make tacos for dinner.  I brought hard corn tortillas and picked up some ground beef, lettuce and tomatoes at the store.  The only thing I didn’t bring with me??  HOT SAUCE!  WTF?!  So when I stopped by Walmart to pick up some ice, I found two new to me hot sauces that are pretty amazeballs.  And each one was only .84 cents!


Normally I heat up the crunchy corn tortillas in the toaster oven.  Rats, no toaster oven here and I didn’t think the toaster oven would work.  So I ended up just reheating them up on the coils of the stove – that might ick some of you out, but it worked!  Toasty and crunchy!




Sorry the photos are kind of crappy – the lighting in here is pretty bad and all the pics are from my iPhone.  But, again, it was another simple dinner to make in a tiny hotel kitchen.

So this morning we meet with another doctor – not sure what we’ll find out, or what the next step is.  All I know is that we are at the right place to find the answers.  Thanks again for your continued support and prayers!  It means more to us than you’ll ever know.