Seems there was a disagreement between Tony’s surgeon and Tony’s cardiologist on how many milligrams of coumadin he should be taking – we though they should have bumped it up to 10 mg to get his INR number up – but we think he was only given 3.5, which is 1.5 lower than his regular dose!

So some words were said, and even though Tony tried to bust himself loose yesterday, it wasn’t happening.  I ended up taking a 1/2 day yesterday in the hopes of bringing him home. šŸ™

The rain finally went away and the cold temps moved in – while chilly it was a beautiful morning – this is the “pond” on the hospital grounds.

I have to come clean with you guys.  While I have been 75% good about eating (while being 90% bad about exercising), I typically have been having one meal a day that is total shit.  I have no idea why, somehow my emotional eating has come back with a vengence, I know I am doing it, yet don’t stop myself.

Case in point yesterdays breakfast at the hospital the breakfast special was biscuits and gravy.  I got my customary eggs, bacon and fresh fruit, but those damn biscuits were calling my name.  I went back and added 2 biscuits to my order and made egg and bacon biscuit sandwiches when I got to work.  I hit the ground running at work so didn’t take a picture, but below is what I had.  Times Two. šŸ™

I got back to the hospital at about 1:00 and picked up one of their soups for lunch.  I have to say that the soups have been really good at the hospital.  This one was called beef and pepper soup, although I didn’t taste one piece of beef in my serving.  Also, the serving size says “one portion” – what the hell is one portion?

I had a large soup, so I am guessing I’ll double the calories.

It seems the patient food needs a lot of work.  For instance one day this week Tony had a cold chicken salad with a cup of cream of mushroom soup.  They had the tray in a cold container to keep the chicken salad cold, but in the process the mushroom soup got cold.

Last night they gave Tony chicken breast with potatoe and peas.  The chicken breast tasted awful, way overcooked and no seasoning other than parsley, which wasn’t very good.  The potatoes were gross and the peas looked as if they had been cooked in boiling water for a few hours.

I went downstairs and got a chicken finger (they have been calling my name all week too!) and a cup of chili – I ate the chicken and about 1/2 the chili.

Tony got a new roommate last night too.  It was an older man.  The doctor came in and said “has anyone talked to you yet about your diagnosis?”  He said no.  The doctor asked what he did for a living and he said he was a retired heavy machinery worker, but the last 5 years he’s been retired, and that up until a couple weeks ago, had never stepped foot in the hospital his whole life.

Turns out this man has lymphoma and has to start chemo today.  The wife said “we have a two week cruise we are going on in February, should we cancel it?”  The doctor said yes and that they should get a full refund because obviously his getting cancer was out of their control.  It’s just such a reminder that your life can change in an instant.

It sadly was just the wake up call I needed to stop my emotional eating – its not going to get Tony home from the hospital any sooner, and while I miss cooking in my kitchen, there will be plenty of time for that when Tony comes home.

We got a bit of snow last night – the roads are slippery so I am waiting for the salt trucks to go by our house and the main road and then will be heading to the hospital.  We have no expectations for the day, but obviously hope for the best. šŸ˜€

It was weird – I got home from the hospital around 8:30 last night.  Hannah was out with friends because she’s working most of the weekend, and it was so weird to be home by myself – I really can’t remember the last time I was by myself in the house for so long!  Ed was my sleeping buddy again too – he’s still not the same dog he was, but at least he’s eating and I am able to get him to go on a walk.

I should videotape Tony coming back home – the dog is going to go crazy!  Alright, here’s my family Christmas picture of the day – enjoy your Saturday!