Before I get onto the recipe, I came home to find this:
Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy on Cheese Toasts:
For the Steak
- 1.25 pounds ground chuck
- 1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the Sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water
For the Cheese Toasts
- 4 slices italian bread (each was 1.25 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon softened butter mixed with 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, pinch of paprika
- 1 ounce shredded swiss cheese
Mix together the steak ingredients and dip each steak into 1 tablespoon of flour in medium high pan for 3 minutes each side until each side has a nice crust – remove to another plate.
Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add second tablespoon of flour and cook for 1 minute. Add broth, wine, salt and thyme leaves and steaks and cook until reduced about 10 minutes. My gravy was still a bit thin, so I added corn starch to thicken it up – it worked great.
If I could have licked my plate I would have!
And after dinner I made my lunch for tomorrow – here is a sneak peak – you’ll have to check in tomorrow for the recipe! 😀
Stats for the Day!
- 1283 calories (room for popcorn later!)
- 46 fat
- 115 carbs
- no exercise – I had a project to finish around lunch time and I missed my workout window
- I DRANK ALL MY WATER!
Off to snuggle with Tony – see you tomorrow!