I just realized that you could “join” Jillian’s online program for free for 30 days if you buy one of her DVDs. Just look on the inside flap for the link. I decided to try it, basically because I wanted to see what her thoughts were on nutrition, which is one thing that is SERIOUSLY lacking on the Biggest Loser Show!
Here’s what I found out after taking her quiz. I am a “balanced” oxidizer, which means my total calories for the day should be 40% carbs, 30% fat and 30% protein. And found out this:
Biz, your magic number is 1,413 calories a day. That means you should limit your daily caloric intake to 1,413 calories in order to lose 2 pounds per week.
That’s about the same as what www.calorieking.com told me. So I am going to try to incorporate some of Jillian’s meal plans for breakfasts and lunches for the month of May.
Now onto dinner! This is another from cookscountry – no recipe has ever failed me yet! Although I did make a couple changes which you’ll see below.
|2||(15-ounce) cans whole kernel corn|
|5||cups low-sodium chicken broth|
|3||slices bacon , chopped fine|
|1||onion , chopped (left the onions out!)|
|Salt and pepper|
|1||pound red potatoes , scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch dice (used regular Idaho potatoes)|
|1||cup heavy cream (substituted 1 cup fat free half and half)|
|4||scallions , sliced thin (left these out too!)|
1. PREP CORN Following the associated image at left, cut kernels from ears of corn; reserve kernels and cobs separately. Puree canned corn and 2 cups broth in blender until smooth.
2. SAUTÉ VEGETABLES Cook bacon in Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel-lined plate and reserve. Cook onion, corn kernels, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in bacon fat until vegetables are softened and golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes.
3. FINISH SOUP Add potatoes, corn puree, remaining broth, and reserved corn cobs to Dutch oven and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Discard cobs and stir in cream, scallions, and reserved bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Serve. (Soup can be refrigerated in airtight container for 3 days.)
I ended up making Italian grilled cheese sammies to go along side. My sesame bread was going to stand in tonight, but I had a taste for sourdough and stopped at Panera on my way home from work.
- Sourdough bread
- fresh basil
- deli pepperoni
- sliced cappacola
Stats for the Day:
- 1301 calories
- 46 fat
- 121 carbs
- 35% calories from fat, 25% from protein, 41% from carbs
- Day 30 of 30 Day Shred – done!
- 15 minute treadmill after shred
- 1/2 hour walk with dog
Okay, I haven’t actually walked the dog yet, but I am just about to! Come on back tomorrow to see my 30 day stats since starting shred and my first day of the month giveaway!! See you tomorrow!