I woke up today with a taste for coffee cake. And these blueberry coffee cake muffins taste just like it!
The blueberries I bought last week were on the sour side. By adding them to these sweet muffins, it was the perfect sweet/tart combo.
Can you use anything other than regular sugar?
Lately I’ve been steering away from artificial sweeteners. If you’ve been following me for any length of time, you know my go to is Truvia when using zero calorie sweeteners. But here’s the thing – I wanted to taste coffee cake and I just didn’t think I would get that same flavor profile using Truvia. Only 1/2 cup was used between 13 muffins, and these really do taste like coffee cake!
- 2 1/8 cups self-rising flour, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, shredded
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 cup oats
- 1 tablespoons decorative sugar
- 3 tablespoons granola (I used Safe + Fair Vanilla Latte)
- Heat oven to 425.
- Mix two cups of the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon together.
- Add the shredded butter, then toss in the blueberries.
- In another bowl, mix the cream cheese, unsweetened almond milk and egg.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- For the topping - mix the remaining 1/8 cup flour with the oats, decorative sugar and granola.
- Divide batter between 13 muffin cups, divide topping on each muffin and bake for 22 minutes.
These muffins are 6 points on all WW plans, but only 158 calories each.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 13 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 430mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
I have been working with Safe + Fair for almost two years and their products just keep getting better and better. They pride themselves on providing safe allergy free products at a fair price. Right now they have an amazing granola bundle on sale for $39 (before using my discount code Biz20 to save 20% off your order – if your order is over $40 after my discount – you’ll also get free shipping!
How many points for the granola?
For my WW peeps, on all plans each serving is 5 WW points BUT only 130 calories for 1/3 cup serving. You won’t find a better tasting granola for that serving size and calorie count – because I’ve already looked for you and it doesn’t exist.
I love using the granola as a sweet snack dry, or on top of parfaits, on top of muffins like I did for this recipe – the possibilities are endless.
I’ve used several of their products in multiple recipes – you can check out my Safe + Fair recipes here.
I cannot recommend Safe + Fair products enough – and that granola bundle is a steal!