I know what you are thinking.  Granola pizza?!  I made one last week with Safe + Fair’s blueberry cinnamon granola – it had blueberries and goat cheese and was just amazing.  If you missed it, you can check it out here.

I thought about this combination on the train ride home last night.  I was also thinking of what I already had at home, and then this spicy spinach pizza with ricotta and sweet and salty kettle granola come together.

I write so many recipes on the train, and then get home, make them and think “what the hell was that?!” 

This, however, was an AMAZEBALL recipe.  Yes I am shouting that because it was so delicious.

I pulsed the granola with the skinny pizza dough.  Then once that was out, I added 1/4 cup part skim ricotta, 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese, two garlic cloves, pinch of salt and pepper and crushed red pepper, and whirled it until it was whipped and the garlic was minced.

That was 5 ounces of dough:

Can you see all the flecks of the granola??

Remember, always put your sausage on raw – it bakes at 500 degrees, so it will cook all the way through – promise!  No more sausage that tastes like ass!

Yes please!

The crust was so good – slightly sweet, but with the spicy Italian sausage this combination totally worked.

I mean, look at that crust?!


I have a couple of things to share.  My friend Erica and her sister started a podcast.  I listened to the first two episodes again on my way to my Mom’s house.  You can find it here, and you can also find it on iTunes – just search “Share Your Shine.”  They just dropped their third episode on Monday – it’s on my list of things to do on my train ride home tonight.

They basically want to help all of us shine – in whatever way that means to us.  You all know I would love to be home recipe developing and doing sponsored posts to earn my living.  Baby steps, but I am getting closer to that dream. 

Side note – Erica also makes amazeball recipes, especially in her air fryer – so you can check out her blog here.

My sister and I had the best lunch yesterday!  We went to the Viking showroom in the merchandise mart to be part of a studio audience for Kitchen Chat with Margaret and Jamie and their special guest was none other than Teri Turner, of No Crumbs Left.  She just published her first cookbook – No Crumbs Left – 80% of the recipes are Whole 30 approved, while the other 20% are her family favorite recipes.

I love Teri – it’s the second time I’ve met her, she’s super down to earth, and I aspire to have the success that she has.  She’s even agreed to do Food Fun Friday with my sister when she gets back from her book signing tour.

OMG, could you imagine if I had a Viking Kitchen?!   I walked around and was like “I’ll have one of everything.”

It was a great time – thank Jenn for seeing that this even was happening.  Turns out there were only four other people in the “studio audience” so I’m glad we went.

Side note:  Don’t forget to grab my discount with Safe + Fair – their granolas and all products are 25% + free shipping with my discount code Biz25.  The prices are super reasonable, and I promise you won’t find a lower calorie granola that tastes this good for 130 calories a serving.  #pinkyswear

Happy Wednesday friends – keep reaching for your dreams!