It was another gorgeous day at the Farmers Market.  Although since this one starts at 7:00 a.m., it’s a tiny bit hard to have people sample veggie burgers at that time in the morning, but I ended up coming just $80 short for a sales record for that market – so that’s good!

IMG_3769 (2)

And yes Mom, I did remember to wear sunscreen.  I keep a bottle in my car.  I’ve also been using this Neutrogena moisturizer that has SPF 50 for my face.  The day went by fast.  I ended up eating a hard boiled egg and a banana on my drive to the shop.  Then I stopped by McDonald’s and got an egg white delite for 7 points, so breakfast came in at 9.  I thought I took a picture of it, but it mysteriously isn’t on my phone anymore.  That kept me full for hours, but once I got back to the shop and unloaded all the market stuff, I jumped in the shop kitchen and made myself a hot veggie burger wrap.  I added cheese to mine, which makes it vegetarian, not vegan, but the burgers are all vegan, gluten free, dairy free and all organic. 

Since it’s a 45 minute drive home, I ended up reheating the wrap on my cast iron skillet with a bit of Pam spray.  The wrap had a nice crunch to it.  I also added our roasted red pepper sauce (seen in the squeeze bottle on the bottom right of the picture above) and the homemade hot giardineira.


Um, not that I am tooting my own horn about my photography, but this is how the hot burger looks on the shop website.

hot veggie

And my friend Jacky was quick to point out that the need to step up their social media game!

IMG_3793 (2)

I had every intention of taking a nice nap after eating lunch, but as soon as I got home, the dogs desperately wanted to sit outside in the sun, so I fixed my lunch and ate it outside and let them soak up the sun for 30 minutes.


Yep, I need a new back patio – the cement or whatever that is has been cracking the last couple years.  Not high on the priority list though.  Then I was going to nap!  But then my step-son and his wife called me on their drive home from work and we caught up for 30 minutes.  They just spent a weekend in Florida with my parents-in-law and had a wonderful time.   They are both vegetarian eaters now (well, Joe is – Liz is still Vegan) so my MIL made a couple veggie dishes, and they even went to a vegan restaurant – apparently there are several to choose from in Naples!  It was great catching up with them.

After I hung up the phone, I had already caught my second wind, and the nap never happened.  Since I ate my lunch so late, I wasn’t really hungry for a full dinner (or cooking anything for that matter!) so I went with the trusty picky plate:  3 ounces shrimp (2) 8 rice crackers (2) Trader Joe’s feta cheese spread – so good! (2) roasted grapes (1) strawberries and blueberries.


Um, turns out the dogs LOVE fruit!  They may have been ready in case I dropped any.


It was a relaxing night though.  I watched the new season of Master Chef.  Caught up on a couple of shows and hit the hay by 10:30.  I am actually working in Evanston tomorrow and then back to Frankfort on Sunday.  Luckily though the people I am working with have bigger cars, so I am just a passenger on those trips. 

It’s gorgeous today – 70 degrees and blue skies.  Definitely heading out for a walk this morning after breakfast, then hitting the gym this afternoon for weights.  Then early to bed as I have to be up by 4:15 a.m. tomorrow to make it to the shop by 5:30.  I actually have not minded getting up that early, and it’s a peaceful drive.  I turn on my acoustic Spotify in the car, and get to watch the sunrise, and it’s just another reminder that it’s great to be alive.

Happy Friyay!  Hope you make it a great day!