Happy Friday!  Not much to report today on the last couple days of this trip.  Hannah and Jacob have been having fun, hanging out with my stepson and his wife and traveling to meet friends who’ve moved here back from their high school.  I am glad they are enjoying their trip! 

When we first suggested coming to visit back in early January, my brother and his family have been in the process of getting their house ready to sell because they already have another house being built.   About a week before we came here I talked to my brother and I could hear the panic in his voice about all the things that still needed to get done around their house before listing it . . . in just 9 short days from today!


I have gotten a bit of cooking in amongst the moving boxes though!  I had wanted to make my artisan bread to go with lasagna soup, but as the afternoon wore on, and I hadn’t been to the store to get yeast, I realized quickly that wasn’t going to happen that day.  I knew I could make the lasagna soup quick though and decided to kick up refrigerator biscuits. 

Hannah and Jacob weren’t home when I made them and when I posted them on Instagram she was like “what?!”  When she got home she heated on up and said “Mom, I need you to make these every night when we get home.”

I’ve seen these floating around Pinterest and Instagram, and my friend Kim is always making these types of bread for her family – and it was her inspiration for these biscuits.

  • 1 large can of flakey biscuits – mine was 16 ounces from HEB
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • pinch of salt and pepper

Melt the butter and add in the parsley, garlic and salt and pepper.  Quarter the biscuits then toss the biscuits in the butter mixture.  Place four pieces of biscuits into a muffin tin, bake for 12-15 minutes at 400.  Mine took the whole 15 minutes.


And the lasagna soup was a bit hit.  Since we’ve been boxing up stuff and the whole house has been in disarray, we’ve been doing a lot of take out eating, or eating on the fly with what’s been in the fridge.  My niece Sarah took two bites of the soup and said “why hasn’t Aunt B. been cooking every dinner since she’s been here?”


And here’s my brother Charlie taking pictures of me, while I am taking pictures of him!


So it’s been an interesting last few days, now that my vacation pants are off and my helping/boxing up/painting pants are now on.  But I don’t mind.  When Tony was sick my brother and his family basically finished eating Thanksgiving dinner, drove 20 hours to be with me and had to fly their girls home so they could make it back to school in time. 

My only one sticking point is that I am bull in the china shop kind of person when it comes to tasks.  I just want to “get it done” while my sister in law wants to make decisions about what to keep and what to throw out, that I felt it was slowing our progress and I kind of lost it on her and had to leave for a little bit.  But I have to realize it’s now my house, nor my stuff, so I just have to sit back and take their lead and help the best that I can.  I’ve extended my stay until Wednesday, while Hannah and Jacob are going home tomorrow.

So what did I do to blow off some steam?  Went to Rudy’s BBQ!



That is their smoking oven – stacks and stacks of wood and that fire behind the metal door was so hot!  And the smell?  Amazeballs!!

We have been having some laughs in between all the chaos though – do you guys have snapchat?  OMG, hours and hours of fun!  You can swap faces and after Charlie and I had been painting for a while, we decided it was the right time to do this!



This picture makes me laugh so hard!!!


Alright, time to get my painting clothes on – happy Friday!!