Hey guys – I woke up late, didn’t make it to the gym 🙁 so no new post this morning. Am I the only one who worries when a regular blogger doesn’t post? I usually think “oh great, she’s been in a car accident!”
I plan to walk at lunch and do 30 day shred tonight – have a great Monday!
I am so happy to have our power back so that I can have a good week. I’ve planned all my meals, I know its going to be hot in our neck of the woods so I need to get to the gym in the morning in case its too hot to work out at lunch. I need to power through and lose more than .6 this week! 😀
A couple weeks ago Tony was flipping through the channels and happened to stop on Ina Garten’s show – she was making baked eggs and Tony told me he wanted to try it. It’s really super simple, yet so flavorful!
Baked Eggs with Fresh Herbs
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon butter, divided
- 4 eggs, divided
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
In an oven safe bowl, put one tablespoon of milk and 1/2 teaspoon of butter into two separate bowls. Heat your broiler on high – put the bowls on a cookie sheet and put under the broiler for about 3 minutes, or until the butter and milk are nice and bubbly.
Carefully remove the bowls – add two eggs to each bowl (they start to cook almost immediately!) and then sprinkle 1 tablepoon of Parm, 1/2 teaspoon of rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon thyme, and then salt and pepper.
Return to the broiler – I cooked Tony’s for 5 minutes so the yolk was still runny. I cooked mine for 9 minutes and the yolk was perfectly cooked. These were so flavorful – and each one is only 6 PointsPlus!
These would be great to make for a brunch if you were having a bunch of people over. 😀
So my SIL came over around 3 yesterday and we headed to my Mom’s house. I have to give Jody props – she lost 3 pounds this past week, she’s been great about using eTools and she’s walked a mile a day – so proud of you Jody – keep up the great work!
When we got to my Mom’s it was photo op time!
I really like that tank top I am wearing – I bought it at a garage sale for .25 last week – its super comfy, and somehow I am going to try to even out my farmers tan!
We drove Jody around Oak Park, showing her some of Frank Lloyd Wrights homes:
We had a great time, we walked around a lot, had some good food and enjoyed each other’s company. 😀
On the menu this week:
- breakfast nachos
- homemade pretzel bagel egg sammie
- cinnamon apple breakfast risotto
- zucchini and smoked goat cheddar omelet
- spicy oats
- roasted red pepper and chickpea soup with spinach apple salad
- salsa verde chicken enchiladas with spnaich mexican rice
- spaghetti squash frittata
- Italian sausage soup with macaroni
- grilled chicken with Vietnamese peach relish (can’t wait for that one)
- smoked ribs with baked beans and green beans
- spinach and beef taquitos with refried beans and mexican rice
- apple glazed pork chops with baked potatoes and broccoli
- pecorino crumbled chicken with polenta
- steak and shrimp kabobs with brown rice
So how was your week? Any new recipes or exercise on tap for the week? Need some cheerleaders, or did you kick ass and want some applause?
Here’s the final picture – something that has never happened to me before – spaghetti squash explosion!
It actually blew the door open to our microwave!
Enjoy your Sunday! 😀