- 6:45 – alarm goes off and I actually get up!
- Check Blood Sugar – its 150, so I eat 1/4 Kashi bar and take no insulin
- 7:00 at gym (I live close and I am low maintenance!)
- 30 minutes of Stairmaster while reading A Homemade Life
- 7:50 – home – fix breakfast and lunch, shower, get dressed
- 8:20 – check blood sugar: 324!!
- 8:30 – leave for work
- 8:45 – 1:00 – work non-stop! Check blood sugar – 166
- 1:05 – 1:40 – 35 minutes Biggest Diabetic Loser DVD in office gym, shower – get back to desk
- 1:50 -check blood sugar – 80!
- 1:50 – fix lunch
- 2:00 – 5:30 – work non-stop!
- 5:45 – HOME! 😀
- 6:00 – check blood sugar – 102!
- 6:10 – dinners ready!
- 6:45 – clean kitchen
- 7:00 – blog!
- Afterwards, laundry, etc!
Today was another busy day at work – and guess what? I forgot my camera! Luckily I didn’t have anything too exciting!
- 1 scrambled egg
- 1/2 ounce cheese
- 1/2 ounce bacon
- 1 slice pumpernickel
- 6 ounces grapefruit
- 345 calories, 17 fat, 19 protein, 28 carbs, 3.7 fiber
- 4 ounces leftover pasta from last night
- big garden salad with shredded carrots and Annie’s dressing
- 480 calories, 8.5 fat, 44 carbs, 6 fiber
Dinner: Taco Salad!
- 2 cups chopped greens
- 1/2 ounce cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon light ranch dressing
- 2 ounces taco chicken breast
- 2 ounces taco beef
- pickled jalapenos
- 1/2 ounce tortilla chips for dipping!
- 502 calories, 30 fat, 24 protein, 29 carbs, 4.3 fiber
Luckily Tony took a picture of his lunch today!
I defrosted the beef, but it turned out to be a bit funky, so he gave it to the dog!
This salad hit the spot!
I did a new DVD at lunch today, it was the Biggest Loser Season 2:
While I am not a huge Kim Lyons fan, I liked this workout because you could customize it for the time you had. I chose:
- 5 minute warm-up
- 10 minute high-intensity cardio for women
- 10 minute power sculpt for women
- 10 minute functional flexibility (on the balance ball)
- 1 minute cool down (I had to get back to work!)
There is also a 15 minute boot camp I think I’ll try next time. They had both previous seasons winners (Matt & Suzy – who were still relatively thin) and then Pam, Eric and Kai who were all in the losing process. While this dvd was a bit intense, I like that even after losing 77 pounds Kai was still having trouble keeping up! I think she ended up losing an additional 50 pounds but I can’t remember!
Stats for the Day:
- 1327 calories
- 56 fat
- 61 protien
- 112 carbs
- 18 fiber
- 30 minute Stairmaster
- 35 minute BL DVD
What I learned today:
It’s been a while since I’ve had intense workouts, and I remember there was a learning curve in how much to eat in the morning, how much insulin to take, etc. These last few mornings haven’t been too good – after workouts my BS has risen to between 250 – 344! I did a bit of research this morning and found out that since my body has been without insulin since the night before, I need the insulin to prevent high blood sugars.
I guess if you don’t have enough insulin in your body (like me who has to inject it) and you work out intensely, your liver and organs squeeze out what glucose is in your body to fuel the workout. I always thought: high blood sugar + work out = lower blood sugar. Not so much! Notice how my afternoon workout, since I had insulin at breakfast, it did its work for me – 166 to 80!
Tomorrow I plan on taking insulin before I work out, in addition to what I eat – its a work in progress, right?!
I hope to catch up on all my blog reading this weekend! I’ve had no breaks at work so I feel like I am out of the loop! 😀
See you tomorrow – Jeans Friday for me!