Hannah and I could literally have Mexican food every day and never get sick of it! I decided to bake some taco bowls for tonights dinner – the bowls turned out perfectly – just baked at 350 for 15 minutes. However, I decided to use the low carb, high fiber ones and while they held their shape, they weren’t crispy, just kind of chewy – I think I’ll stick to regular, smaller flour tortillas next time.
After 15 minutes – they were done! Let cool for 5 minutes before stuffing them.
My Taco Bowl:
- 1.5 cups chopped romaine
- 1 ounce canned black beans
- 1 ounce canned white corn
- 1/2 ounce Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 ounce pickled jalapenos
- 3 ounces cooked ground sirloin
- 1 ounce tortilla chips (since I didn’t eat the bowl)
- not pictured: 2 ounces of refried beans and one ounce of guacamole I had at the table
Dinner comes in at 533 calories, 2 fat, 34 protein, 43 carbs and 10.4 fiber. I also had a Sam Adam’s Summer Ale while Hannah and I were cooking – I ended up standing at the copier for a total of 5 hours so I felt I deserved it!
Stats for the Day
- 1421 calories
- 51 fat
- 80.8 protein
- 133 carbs
- 20.3 fiber
- no exercise, worked through lunch
Hannah’s cleaning up the kitchen for me too – thanks Hanners! Off to see what’s on the DVR.
Totally off topic, but I always think famous people die in three’s – this week:
- Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson!
I think I feel the worst for Farrah Fawcett – she kind of died a slow death – did any of you see her documentary?? I thought it was facsinating.
Tomorrow is Friday and Jeans Day! See you at breakfast! 😀