I think its absolutely delicious if I do say so myself! But the best part is that this whole recipe made 10 cups, and each one cup serving comes in at 104 calories, 4.2 fat, 5.8 carbs, .4 fiber and 10.2 protein! Nice!
I found my crab-meat recipe from epicurious.com, with a few exceptions:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion (left that out!)
- 2 tablespoons butter (I reduced to 1)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I forgot!)
- 1/2 pound lump crab meat (I used immitation crab)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 heaping tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 diced jalapeno (not in original recipe)
- dash of Tabasco ( I added!)
This is four servings: each serving comes in at 139 caloires, 8 fat, 4.3 carbs, .75 fiber and 9 protein – nice!
All I did was saute the peppers and garlic until they softened and let them cool. Then I just mixed everything else in and mixed well – so simple!
Altogether, lunch comes in at 411 calories, 20 grams of fat, 33 grams protein, 19 grams carbs and 7.2 grams of fiber!
My friend and I also walked for 45 minutes at lunch – so perfect outside!
Okay, lunch break is over in 1 minute and I need to clean up my dishes – come back tonight for BBQ Turkey Breast with Grilled Twice Baked Potatoes!