Yes, after several filled out applications, two personal interviews and no job offer, she got hired on the spot at a kids birthday party place. She called to tell me on the phone since I was still at work, but Tony said she had about the biggest smile on her face when she told him! Good job Hannah!
Greek Garlic Lemon Potatoes (check out this link for this week’s hostess, Krista, from Krista’s Kravings!)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil and butter in a non-stick pan. Over medium-high heat, cook potatoes on one side for about 6 minutes, or until brown, then flip and brown that side for 5 minutes. Reduce temp to low and cover for 5 – 7 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and oregano in a snall bowl. When potatoes are tender, add garlic-lemon mixture, salt and pepper and shake pan to coat the potatoes evenly and sauce is heated through – about 2 minutes. Sprinkle potatoes with parsley and serve immediately.
Since my side dish was Greek, I decided on gyros. This kit makes it simple!
Dinner comes in at 508 calories, 23 fat and 59 carbs. After dinner I took Ed for a walk while it was still light – he loves it! I took him down to the river.
And I thought I would show you a picture of my house!
Then we walked over the channel of the river:
Stats for the Day:
- 1485 calories
- 68 fat
- 148 carbs
- 13 fiber (need to work on that!)
- 64 protein
- 42% calories from fat (too much today!)
- 18% calories from protein
- 40% calories from carbs
- Day 15 of 30 of Jillian Shred! 😀
- 10 minute treadmill after shred
- 20 minute walk with Ed
Biggest Loser Spoiler!
Can I just say that when the contestants met with their families, the water works began and didn’t stop! Mind you, I cry at every Hallmark commercial, America’s Extreme Home Makeover – you get the picture!
But what was most impressive is the drastic changes these people have made in their lives in just 15 short weeks! But my saddest reunion was for Mike and his brother Max. Now he feels like the odd man out because now he’s the only fat one in the family. I can’t wait until next week when Mike finally confronts his Dad about his weight problem, and how he didn’t help his kids not fall into the same traps he did!
But I mostly feel sorry for Laura – I mean, it made sense that they let her go because of her injury – at least it looks like she’s kept most of the weight off!
Okay, right now I am making a veal ragu for dinner tomorrow night – I am totally making this recipe up, so we’ll see tomorrow how it turns out! See you then!