This inspiration for this mornings breakfast was my EastingWell Cookbook. They have lots of great recipes, and if you haven’t tried out their website yet, you should. They have the nutritional information of every recipe! www.eatingwell.com
Ham, Roated Red Pepper, Spinach, Swiss Cheese Bread Pudding
- 1.25 cups of egg beaters (original called for 4 whole eggs and 4 egg whites)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 cups fresh chopped spinach (original called for 5 cups)
- 4 ounces chopped deli ham (original called for 5 ounces chopped from ham steak)
- 3 ounce Alpine Lace Swiss Cheese (original called for 3/4 cup gruyere)
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, chopped fine
- 3 ounces garlic foccacia (original called for 1/2 pound whole wheat bread) chopped
- 5 ounces whole wheat bread, chopped into bite size pieces
- salt and pepper taste
Preheat oven to 375.
In the dish that I was going to cook everything in, I added the egg beaters and eggs and mixed well. Stired in the milk, dijon mustard, rosemary, salt and pepper, spinach and roasted red pepper and mixed well. Then I mixed in the bread and stirred really well until all the bread was coated. Then I put foil on top and baked for 40 minutes. I removed it from the oven and sprinkled the chopped swiss cheese on top and baked an additional 15 minutes.
When I took it out after the cheese had melted it was so fluffy, it looked like it was going to pop out of the dish! But after resting for 15 minutes, it sank. Not sure if all bread puddings do that or not?
But here’s the best part! I decided to make this whole dish FOUR SERVINGS! Each serving comes in at:
- 326 calories
- 9 fat
- 34 carbs
- 5 fiber
- 28 protein
BIGGEST LOSER SPOILER
So what did you think about Nicole getting back into the house? Personally, I think she gained the weight on purpose so she could get back to doing what she was doing without all the drama! I mean, she just arrives at the ranch, its beautiful, and wants to get in a walk/run, only to be bombarded by Tara about game play!
Seriously, it just proves that you don’t need a ranch to lose weight too! What did you think about this weeks episode?
See you at lunch!