I used this recipe as the base of my fried chicken except for one exception. I used this to pan fry it before it went into the oven!
But before anyone gets their panties in a bunch, relax, I only used 3 tablespoons!
And after I pan fried it in Crisco on five minutes each side before going into the 425 oven for 40 minutes, this is how much fat was leftover.
The buttermilk potatoes were simply 1 pound of boiled potatoes, pressed through my potato ricer and just 3/4 of a cup of buttermilk and and salt and pepper to taste – so simple! And the zucchini is just zucchini sauteed in 1/2 tsp. olive oil and when done, sprinkled with 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
My friend Shelly forwarded me on an award – that is so sweet!! I like to call her my friend even though we’ve never met! 😀
I am supposed to list 7 things I love:
- Obviously that my wonderful husband is home!
- My daughter who helps me out in more ways that she’ll ever imagine!
- That my step-son is having fun on spring break even though he got sunburned!
- I am grouping these all together: sunrises, sunsets, full moons, trees in bloom and blue skies!
- That my mom is enjoying her retirement!
- That my parents in law are back in our lives as well as my sister-in-law and her family!
- All the cool people I’ve met through this blog!
I need to forward this on to 7 other bloggers – I’ll have to save that for another post!
But check out our sky after dinner – a rainbow!
And Tony, always the thoughtful husband, signed up or me to receive this in the mail today:
Okay, don’t forget to stop by tomorrow for the 1st day of the month giveaway! My friend Cassie at work donated some items and its some nice blog loot! See you tomorrow!