So after our plumbing expedition in the basement, we continued to do a clean sweep of the house. Dusting, vacuuming, the usual! Lots of laundry, since when the pipe burst yesterday, every piece of clothing within six feet got completely soaked. Oh well, at least its working!
So we sent Hannah on a lunch run – she got a plain gyros, but forgot to get the cucumber sauce on the side – which in my opinion is the best part! Tony got a cheezy beef and I got the grill chicken salad. It comes with a Greek dressing on the side, and I ended up using about 2 tablespoons – very oily but so good! I added the jalapeno peppers.
And then I continued on, started making my menu, shopping list. The nurse came to change Tony’s IV line, and then all of a sudden I could feel my neck start to sweat, and sure enough, I checked my blood sugar and it was 61 and falling! Maybe because I have been moving around all day? I ended up making a mini pizza – roasted red pepper (jarred), a small ball of fresh mozzarella and 2 ounces of pizza dough.
So I blew my $100 grocery budget out of the water today. It ended up being a pantry stock up, and I ended up spending $132. Still not too bad in the whole grand scheme of things!
- Saturday – Wisconsin Cheddar Beer Soup with Ham and Cheese pinwheels
- Sunday – Classic Roast Beef, Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Bacon Green Beans
- Monday – Buttermilk Fried Chicken, Corn on the Cob and cucumber/tomato salad
- Tuesday – Leftover Roast Beef Sandwiches on sourdough bread with horseradish sauce and arugula, potato salad, spinach salad
- Wednesday – Pretzel Chicken with Rice and Glazed Carrots
- Thursday – Blackened Pork Chops, Potates au gratin and sauteed apples
- Friday – Pizza Party Friday! I am definitely going to recreate my pizza from last night!
I am off to make the cheese soup – its one of my favorite soups of all time, hopefully I can do it! I got the recipe from the new magazine my Aunt gave me from Christmas called Cooks Country. They test these recipes very extensively and only put their favorite recipe in the magazine. See you at dinner!