When I went home for lunch, I asked Tony if he wanted chicken noodle soup and grilled ham and cheese, or salmon cream cheese and tomato on an onion bagel. “I’ll take door #1!”
I made a super quick chicken noodle soup on Sunday.
- 2 cans fat free chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked spaghetti, cut into bit size pieces (I used a pair of scissors!)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- 10 baby carrots, sliced and cooked in the microwave for 2 minutes
- Throw the carrots in the pot and when the noodles and broth are heated, you are done!
I had half a sandwich, 8 ounces of the soup and 2 ounces sliced Fuji apple.
I am going to be doing a whole roasted chicken in my cast iron enameled pot. Any suggestions? I am worried that if I cook it with the top on, the skin won’t crisp up. So I have two ideas: do I take the top off during the last 1/2 hour of cooking, or do I finish the chicken under the broiler to crisp up the skin?
See you at dinner!