One of the items I got at the farmers market was an 8 ounce bag of low carb garlic fettucine. The woman who sold it made it all fresh and then dried it. She does mail order too: www.pastabysue.com.
I actually liked the taste of it! But the best part?
4 ounce cooked pasta: 70 calories, .5 fat, 12 carbs, 9 fiber (!!) and 6 protein
I made garlic toast points with one of the homemade pita breads. One pita was 2.5 ounces. I cut it into 8 triangles, sprayed with butter flavor pam, sprinkled sea salt, garlic powder, Italian seasonings and fresh minced garlic. Popped it under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes.
- 1 ounce Italian sausage
- 4 ounces cooked low carb pasta
- 3/4 cup home made marinara sauce
- 2 ounces chopped cooked broccoli
- 1 serving perlini mozzarella (split between salad and pasta)
- 3 cups mixed greens with tablespoon sunflower seeds and 1 tsp. bacon bits
- 1.5 tablespoons Annie’s green goddess dressing
- .5 ounces garlic toast points
- 1361 calories
- 57 fat
- 150 carbs
- 28 fiber
- 73 protein
EXERCISE: Only 20 minute walk with Ed since I went to the farmers market at lunch
BLOOD SUGARS: NORMAL!
Off to watch the vice presidential debate. Should be interesting!
See you at breakfast.