I don’t normally blog on the weekends, but wanted to provide a link to share these delicious banana and blueberry pancakes. While I was writing the recipe down as I went along, in my head I thought for sure they’d be about 7 smart points a serving, but after I put it in the WW recipe builder, 1/2 a serving, or 3 pancakes, came in at just 4 smart points each – and they are delicious!
Since Hannah and Jacob are on their keto diet (Hannah went to WW for a day, then Vegan for 3 days, then back to keto!) I always have a giant container of this Splenda:
- 2 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Mix the vinegar or almond milk together and let sit for 10 minutes. This is making a mock buttermilk.
- Mash bananas in the bottom of a bowl. Mix in the vinegar/almond mixture and remaining ingredients. Let batter sit for 15 minutes.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Use heaping 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Cook 2-3 minutes one side, flip and cook an additional two minutes.
As of the date of publication, 3 pancakes is 8 WW points. Click this link for the WW link to track to your plan.
These pancakes are delicious and really filling. I almost thought to add a scoop of protein powder, but ditched that idea because I know not everyone has protein powder lying around, and that stuff is expensive!
The pancakes are 4 points, the sugar free syrup is 1 points, and the hard boiled egg is 2. So breakfast only came in at 7 points – 23 points left for the day! I do have turkey burgers on my menu tonight, and might splurge and make onion rings on the side. So looks like I’ll be eating a late lunch to get all my points in. I hate when that happens. (said no one ever!).
Happy Saturday – make it a great day!