Yesterday my meals were a bit off because at 6:55 a.m. I had my huge dumpster delivered and while they said that it would be delivered sometime between 7 am and 5 pm, I didn’t expect it to be 7!  All the cars were parked in the driveway still so I had to get Hannah and Jacob up to move all the cars to the lawn up front.  Then both Hannah and Jacob had to leave before me so they were in the kitchen making breakfast, both took showers and by the time I got in the shower it was 7:45 and my contractor was supposed to arrive at 8!

OMG – so much work done in just one day!  Turns out I had siding under the siding of my house.  The inside of the house is all framed already and so strong and sturdy.  They took the whole front of the house off and today the windows will be installed.

8.24.15 034

8.24.15 035

8.24.15 036

I know it doesn’t look like much, but holy cow more work was done in one day than my first contractor in 4 days!  I also have a super strong header installed and I haven’t had an electrical outlet that works on that wall since we moved in and I’ll have two new outlets put in.  Progress!

So my first meal was at work around 9 a.m.  Spinach omelet with fruit.

8.24.15 003

So I am trying to figure out how to regulate my insulin with these mini meals.  Yesterday I decided not to take any insulin with Meal #2 and Meal #4 and see how that works out.  I ended up having a banana granola parfait about an hour before my lunch workout.  My blood sugar was 360.  I decided to do my “shredders” by doing a 5k – I walked 3 minutes, jogged 2 minutes and sprinted 1 minute and repeated that until I reached a 5k.  It took me 41:59 – nice!  You’ll see that my blood sugar dropped 182 points in just 42 minutes – gah!  At least I had enough fuel to push myself until the end of the workout.  It was a perfect 70 degrees and sunny!  Below was Meal #3 – pork with veggies, cottage cheese and a cheese stick.

8.24.15 027

After work I had a new strength training program that I started off of   What’s different about this program was that in between each exercise, you had to do 1 minute of intense cardio before moving onto the next exercise.  I am sure the guy on the elliptical thought I was crazy because about every 6 minutes I’d go over and sprint for 1 minute and then get off and go back to the weight room!  It was intense, that’s for sure – it took me about 35 minutes to complete, then I finished off with a half mile cool down on the treadmill.  I was headed home by 6 p.m. – nice! 

8.24.15 042

I forgot I had put some chicken in the freezer and didn’t defrost it – I was going to have a chicken and romaine salad for my low carb dinner, but ended up eating a cup of my buffalo chicken chili – so I ended up with about 113 carbs for the day total, which is still pretty low carb for me.

So my fitbit has officially died.  I ended up bidding and winning on a brand new one on eBay and it should be here by the end of the week.  So I am only able to log in the mileage I actually know I’ve walked/run but I am missing out on all the day to day steps – so those of you who have invited me to do the Workweek Hustle – I will be in next week for sure!

Off to make breakfast before work – open faced egg sammie breakfast pizza on an Ezekiel English Muffin and fruit – yum!  Have a great day! Open-mouthed smile