When I gave Tony a bite of this and told him it was asparagus guacamole, he asked if there were avocados in it! Hannah’s first thing she said after eating three chips full of this dip is that she is going to have this as an after school snack every day this week!
I adapted this from Canyon Ranch cooking, the only thing I changed was substituted lime for lemon juice, left the onion out 😀 and added a big handful of cilantro. And I used fat free sour cream (their version uses low fat).
Amazing Asparagus Guacamole!
- 1 pound chopped lightly steamed asparagus
- juice of two limes (I microwave my limes for 45 seconds to make them extra juicy – their hot so be careful!)
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Dash of Tabasco!
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
Combine everything in a food processor until blended smooth. The best part: each 1/4 cup serving is only 16 calories, 2.5 grams of carbs, 0 fat!
I brought in some for my co-workers and they loved it, but had to be sure to leave some for Hannah after school today!
It is just so weird how this tastes so much like avocado guacamole! If it were just for me, I would add jalapeno pepper to mine to kick it up, but it is still SO GOOD as is.
Today’s lunch is leftovers to make stir fry!
- 1.5 ounces cooked shrimp
- 3.3 ounces cooked steak
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3.8 ounces chopped zucchini
- 3 ounces green beans
- 2 ounces yellow pepper
- 2 tablespoons House of Tsang Szechuan sauce
- 1/2 package (no seasoning) ramen noodles
Day 14 of 30 Level 2 Advanced – Done! I also did 10 minutes on the elliptical as a cool down. So because I split up my workouts, it still adds up to 80 minutes of exercise today!
I’ve got about 5 minutes to finish eating then back to work. Come back tonight for leftover dinner! I am making stuffed peppers for Tony and Hannah and I are going to have baby spinach and roasted red pepper pizza! See you tonight!