Another beautiful day, but started chilly – 45 degrees! I still love it though.
I made coffee in the french press since it was just for me. Tried a new creamer and I actually like it better because it is just slightly sweet.
I am training for a 5K and doing the “couch to 5K” program. This morning I did 5 minute warm up and then did 30 minutes of running (well, 3 minutes running and 2 minutes walking!) then did 5 minute cool down and 5 minute abs on the balance ball.
My blood sugar was normal 103. I decided to have 15 grams of carbs, no insulin knowing I was going to work out. The result? 203! Not sure why that happened?!
Breakfast: Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal with Pommegrante Green Tea
Lunch Exercise. I am lucky that I have a gym in my office building that only costs $100 per year – no excuses!
I am following Jillian Michaels workout that I got from the library. It’s circuit training and you are supposed to go from one to the other without stopping. No way! I do each circuit in full, but rest 2 minutes in between. It usually takes me about 45 minutes total. And I can’t jump rope for anything – that’s the hardest one for me!
- stability ball chest presses 3 x 15 reps at 6 pounds
- hack squat 3 x 10 at 10 pounds
- chest flys 3 x 10 at 6 pounds
- sumo squats (I feel these!) 3 x 15 reps
- bench dips (I suck at these)
- leg extensions (3 x 15 at 30 pounds)
- seated shoulder press 3 x 15 reps at 6 pounds
- jumping jacks 3 sets of 1 minute each
- basic crunches 3 x 15 reps
- kick-backs 3 x 15 at 6 pounds
- jump rope (no!!!!!!!!) 3 reps at 1 minute each
- reverse crunch 3 x 15
Off to work out. Wish me luck!