My Weight Watchers location made a move this week and this was the first week of meetings in the new space.  It’s bigger and more modern, and only about 1 mile away from the old place.

Is it me or is every Weight Watchers location sandwiched between food related businesses?  The last place?  On the tiny strip mall was a bakery, Dairy Queen and Fat Guys Burgers.

This location is sandwiched between a Pizza Palace and Pablo’s Mexican restaurant!  So I hadn’t weighed in for two weeks:

Notice the weight – 164, which is 5 pounds up from my lowest weight in early December.  The emotional eating I did while Tony was in the hospital caught up with me, but I have recognized it, and will move in the right direction.

Yesterday for breakfast I had an egg sammie and a giant tangelo – so juicy and delicious!  Breakfast comes in at 9 points.

I spent the better part of an hour yesterday deep cleaning our bedroom.  Our dog sleeps on the floor at the foot of our bed, and I think one whole canister of the vacuum was just dog hair – ew!  So it is nice and clean now. πŸ˜€

I had a couple errands to run, and knew I could fit in a quick workout at the gym.  I ended up doing 45 minutes on the treadmill – 5 minute warm up, 5 minute cool down, then 35 minute run at 4.7 mph on a 4.3 incline hill – felt great!  Here is a blurry blackberry photo to prove it!

It was nearly 3:45 when I finished my errands and I was hangry!  So I picked up McDonald’s – Tony always gets either $1 burger or $1 chicken sammie and the $1 fries – I ended up with the Southwest Grilled Chicken salad – on eTools it says its 8 points, but not sure if that includes the dressing?  It was actually pretty good.

Tony still doesn’t have much of an appetite.  What’s weird is since his colon cancer surgery, the idea of a thick burger or thick pork chop makes him want to gag – and those were two of his favorite things!

So I ended up making us a plate of stuff around 8:00 last night.  Shrimp, carrots (later I added a sliced pear) some meat, cheese, garlic toast.   It was perfect. πŸ˜€

Guess what?  Tony has a guest post!  Here it is:

Biz has asked that explain how Errighn became part of my life. As some of you know I had Colon Cancer earlier in the year. While they attempted a less invasive Laparoscopic surgery, they were forced to open me up. As it turned out I had two tumors, and they were tough to get to.

I am not a person who is unfamiliar with surgical procedures; I have had my fair share.  While this was a fairly simple procedure, the recovery was by far the most difficult I have ever endured. It was months of being sick, afraid to leave the house and complete loss of control of anything in my life. I do not feel as though I was prepared for any of the post surgical nastiness.

As normalcy slowly returned to my life something began to grow within me. My left stomach was oddly distended and felt very different than the right side. Time and time again I questioned the surgeon; he only commented that it was something I would have to live with.  I was not satisfied with that answer so I met with my regular Doctor. He and I went to high school together and I trust him implicitly.  ( I don’t think you have truly lived until a high school acquaintance holds your testicles and asks for you to cough.)   He and another Doctor felt my stomach and agreed, there was something amiss in Tony.

Finally the Surgeon relented and an MRI was ordered. When he reviewed the results he apologized. It was one of the largest hernias he had ever seen.

While this is not me, this picture represents what it looked like. Mine was actually larger than that baby.

While I was enthused that I was correct, it dawned on me that yet another surgery was forthcoming.

I hate hospitals. Nothing good happens there. Sure they save lives but you pay for that in pain and misery.

This surgery was no exception. Instead of a two day stay it was a six day stay. I had to share a room with a gentleman whose snoring was almost as loud as his constant IV alarms. I almost unhooked myself and escaped on day 5.  Finally I made a deal and escaped on day six.

As it turns out they tried to go in and put a piece of material in to stop the bulging. As is always the case they ended having to cut me open. They removed a very large chunk of scar tissue, and sewed me back up.

A week or so later Biz and I were watching one of those women giving birth shows. It then dawned on me. I had given birth, and she was my long lost daughter Errighn. Errighn is gone, but she lives on is my memory and dreams. One recent evening where I had a terrible nightmare in which Biz was very mean to me, Errighn was there to comfort me.

I never had invisible friends when I was young. I think its ok that I do now.

P.S. My son has invited Errighn to his upcoming nuptials, we are both very excited!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  I’ll be back on Monday with a New Years Post.  Be safe and have fun! πŸ˜€