Thanks to Gina, I found http://www.caloriecount.com and I love it! The best feature is that you can enter recipes and it will give you an individual grade on how well that recipe is – and tell you what the good and bad parts are about it. I still haven’t figured out how to cut and paste the label in my post yet (help Gina!), but I’ll have nutritional info on all my recipes going forward. It’s also Gina’s birthday tomorrow so click on her name to wish her a happy birthday!
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes
Makes 8 servings
So filling – 2 is plenty!
|1||cup whole wheat flour|
|1||tablespoon baking powder|
|12||ounces fat free half and half|
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl. Liquid in a second bowl. Mix until combined then add 1/2 cup blueberries.
- Let batter sit for AT LEAST 15 minutes to let the baking powder do its thing.
- Pam fry over medium low heat – you don’t want the outside getting done before the inside.
I ate these around 9:00 a.m. yesterday and I didn’t end up eating lunch until 2:00! Very filling!
Lunch was leftovers of sorts. I sliced some of the turkey breast we had last week and made a Rachel – 1 point WW pita on the bottom, 4 tablespoons of sauerkraut (squeezed dry), 4 ounces sliced turkey and 1 ounce of muenster cheese – I heated it in the toaster oven. On the side was “mystery” chili – not sure when I made this one, but I tossed a few pickled jalapenos in the mix for an extra kick!
Dinner was yet another version of Cincinnati Chili – I think my third? I adapted it from Cooks Illustrated, of course leaving out the onions!
Makes 8 servings
|1 1/2||pounds ground beef|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2||tablespoons chili powder|
|2||teaspoons dried oregano|
|1/2||teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/4||teaspoon ground pepper|
|2||tablespoons cider vinegar|
|2||cups chicken broth|
|1||teaspoon brown sugar|
|2||cups tomato sauce|
|1||teaspoon Tabasco sauce|
- Bring 2 quarts of water and 1 teasoon of salt to a boil. Add the ground beef, stirring vigourously to separate the strands. As soon as the foam from the meat rises to the top (about 30 seconds) and before the water returns to a boil, drain the meat into a strainer and set it aside.
- Rinse and dry the pan. Add oil and garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in the chili powder, oregano, cocoa, cinnamon, cayenne, allspice, black pepper and the remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Cook stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth, water, and tomato sauce.
- Add blanched ground beer and increase the heat to high. As soon as it comes to a boil, reduce and simmer for up to 1 hour.
- Chili 3-ways: cooked spaghetti on bottom of plate, chili on top and add cheese, kidney beans or diced onions.
My plate: a bed of baby spinach, 4 ounces cooked pasta, 1 cup chili and 1/2 ounce of cheddar cheese.
The one thing I need to figure out on caloriecount is that I don’t see where I can print out a report of my day with all my stats, not just the calories – my total calorie intake was 1,403, but I don’t see how many grams of fiber, etc. Anyone know?
A big thank you to my MIL for sending me Florida grapefruit from their backyard!! Can’t wait to try some!
Don’t forget – there is still time for BSI this week – check it out here! I love tofu and am trying to come up with a recipe for a spicy orange tofu with broccoli and brown rice – does that sound good?
Eek – its getting late, I need to jump in the shower – thank God I am low maintenance! HAPPY FRIDAY!