I decided to come up with a recipe using just what I had on hand. I looked at a bunch of copy cat recipes for Chili’s southwestern egg rolls, but they all called for using tortillas and canned black beans, both of which I didn’t have. So I give you my version!
Southwestern Egg Rolls
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 8 ounces grilled chicken
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning (divided – 1/2 rubbed on chicken prior to grilling, then 1/2 in the filling)
- 7 ounces of corn (taken off the cob)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp. cumin
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup vegetarian fat free refried beans
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (mixed with Pam) for frying
The best part is that each egg roll comes in at 121 calories, 2.4 grams of fat, 16 carbs, 8.5 protein and 1.2 grams of fiber – add zero point salsa for dipping and this makes a great appetizer at home.
Thanks again to Sophia for hosting this weeks recipe. Now I am off to do the never ending laundry! Come back tonight for Grilled Ribeye and Scallops with Asparagus!